Continental Tire - Worst Tire Manufacturer that I have ever come into contact with

My wife purchased a 2012 Buick Verano which came with what looked like a new set of Continental ContiProContact tires sized 235/45/R18.In less than one week as I cleaned up the car for the first time and was putting tire shine on the tires I noticed that the front and rear passenger tires had began to separate and had a noticeable gash right above the rim.

I inspected all 4 and noticed that the drivers side tire was beginning to have the same problem. I have been a Michelin tire owner for over 35 years and I have never seen a tire separate in this way, in the past whenever my Michelins had a problem i.e.: a broken belt I simply took it back to a Michelin dealer who checked the tread wear and either replaced the tire for free or replaced it at a prorated cost.

So I called Continental tire and was very disappointed to learn that they wanted me to purchase a new set of these tires at close to $1,000.00 and then send them into the company and after inspecting the tires they would either prorate them, give me a new set or as I have learned from previous buyers; give me nothing at all and I would be stuck with the same company and the same tire that I have absolutely no trust in.So I decided to put a new set of tires on the car instead of dealing with a company with this type of policy

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • I would have had to purchase another set of continental tires
    • Poor quality
    • Tires were defective

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Continental Contiprocontact Tires
Review category
review #761812 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Continental Tire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Continental Tire. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Continental Tire.
Filing a new complaint about