Continental Tires 235x65x17 on Volvo XC60 with 22,000 kph mileage only, burst at 80-100 kph on highway driving.
The Continental tire described above was installed at the rear left.I was traveling at speed of 80-100kph when it burst.
I slow down and look at the "information" on the dashboard for information of the trouble, but no information. So I continued to drive on for less than a kilometer but at lower speed 40-50 until i saw my inside Fender lining fall out on the road.
After parking the car at a safe distance along the highway, i got off and inspected the problem and found the tire burst and torn into 3 pieces, as shown in the attached photos.The condition of the burst tire could have caused more damage to properties and to lives, had it been installed at the front.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Continental Tires
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a torque converted from Monster Transmission with a 3 year warranty. Installed it and it worked great for a 6 months to a year. My car..."
- "Spent over $5000 on a Jasper Engine ,was not in my tow truck for 6 mouths and burning oil,took it back 3 times spent even more money with them telling..."
- "Fantastic transaction. Saved over four hundred dollars by getting rhinehart style mufflers from them.Good communication and fast shipping. Sound great heavy duty chrome tips. WiccanCombat Vets Motorcycle Association 20-1Cocoa Beach..."
- "Sofa and chair are both less than five years old. When we purchased our La-Z-Boy, we were told it was 100% real leather. I do not see a real quality..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."