Continental Tires 235x65x17 on Volvo XC60 with 22,000 kph mileage only, burst at 80-100 kph on highway driving.
The Continental tire described above was installed at the rear left.I was traveling at speed of 80-100kph when it burst.
I slow down and look at the "information" on the dashboard for information of the trouble, but no information. So I continued to drive on for less than a kilometer but at lower speed 40-50 until i saw my inside Fender lining fall out on the road.
After parking the car at a safe distance along the highway, i got off and inspected the problem and found the tire burst and torn into 3 pieces, as shown in the attached photos.The condition of the burst tire could have caused more damage to properties and to lives, had it been installed at the front.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Continental Tires
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I originally bought a 4L60e HD package [$1400 + $200 (tc) + $150 (fluid)]. I told them exactly what I had: lifted 4x4 Yukon with headers, intake, cam, & tune...."
- "I purchased a used 5.9l dodge ram engine that was advertised on their website picture on a pallet very clean with 70,000 miles(was supposed to be an actual picture..."
- "Return policy has a restocking fee. I'm out of $17.25 It's the priciple that I'm upset about. Don't sell a product calling it a chip for $75, when in reality..."
- "Store 6091 East 72nd Avenue, Commerce City, CO 80022 One of the wors places to by parts .stars all *** up day in 12/3/ 16 The kids the work there..."
- "I have shown these pictures to Oak Grove rental office I have also had the office send these pictures to Morgan Properties also so that this problem can be handled...."
- "My amazing love had ordered (a week in advance- to ensure delivery) flowers to be delivered to me in celebration of our 1 year anniversary and they never showed, needless..."